John Flynn WRITING AWARDS
- Sponsored by the U.S. National Park Service, John served in March, 2017 as the Writer in Residence at Carl Sandburg’s home, Connemara, in Flat Rock, North Carolina. https://www.nps.gov/carl/index.htm
- 2009 Poetry Society of Virginia, First Honorable Mention in the Epimenio Ibanez & Maria Delia Munoz Memorial Poetry Prize for the poem “Among Burning Mills.”
- 2007 Nominated for Pushcart Prize for “The Size Of Need” that appeared in Fifth Wednesday Journal.
- 1998 New England Poetry Club, Cambridge, MA. Erika Mumford Prize: “Seven Postcards From A Former Soviet Republic.”
- 1998 Returned Peace Corps Volunteer Writers And Readers Award, Washington, DC. For best poetry collection that year by a former Peace Corps volunteer: Moments Between Cities (Edwin Mellen Press).
- 1998 Worcester County Poetry Association, Worcester, MA: “Pow Wow At Greenbriar.”
- 1990 HG Roberts Foundation, Kansas State University: “Something Grand” (fiction).
- Restless Vanishings, Leaf Garden Press, (www.leafgardenpress.blogspot.com) 2016.
- Keepers Meet Questing Eyes, Leaf Garden Press, 2014
States And Items (chapbook), Leaf Garden Press, 2013
Additions To Our Essential Confusion (chapbook), Kattywompus Press, 2013
- Wave And Metronome: (chapbook), Pudding House Publications, OH, 2010.
- Westbound Freight: (chapbook), Pudding House Publications, OH, 2006.
- A Dozen Lemons In Autotropolis: (chapbook), Pudding House Publications, OH, 2005.
- Mierla Domesticita / Blackbird Once Wild Now Tame: translated from the Romanian of Nicolae Dabija – Be Movie/ Pure Heart/Main Street Rag Press, NC, 2003.
- Unheard Scream: (chapbook), so-called press, CA, 1999.
- Washing Apples In Streams: so-called press, CA, 2000.
- Moments Between Cities (earned award from Peace Corps Writers and Readers, 1998): Edwin Mellen Press, NY, Canada, UK, 1997.
SHORT STORY COLLECTIONS