- Writing as Basil Rosa, the essay Imperfection appeared in the December 2021 issue of Anti Heroin Chic. http://heroinchic.weebly.com/blog/imperfection-by-basil-rosa
Writing as Basil Rosa, read the noir story, A Question Of Execution, published in The Journal of Noircon. https://retreatsfromoblivion.com/tag/basil-rosa/
- John’s story, Scarlet Leonard, appeared in Issue #5 of Fleas On The Dog: https://fleasonthedog.com.
John’s essay, Bags, Babushka And Bivayet appeared in Ragazine, Vol. 15, Issue #6, Nov-Dec. 2019. https://www.ragazine.cc/travel-russia/
- John’s essay, In The Face of War Ruins, appeared in the September, 2019 issue of Ethos: http://ethosliterary.org/september-2019/nonfiction/in-the-face-of-war-ruins
- For a print copy of John’s essay in Ethos, Vol. 2, Issue 1, Sept. 2019, go to Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/dp/9387883825.
- John’s essay, The Prison Of Facts appeared in Issue #10 of Palooka: http://palookamag.com/issue10
- John’s story, The Millbury Street Legend, appeared in Red Earth Review No. 6 July 2018 https://issuu.com/redearthreview/docs/rer_6issuu
- John’s essay, Screen Kiss, appeared in Issue #22 of Steam Ticket:https://steamticket.org
- John’s essay The Perch, The Tube appeared in Issue #44 of SPC: http://www.spankthecarp.com/issue44_flynn.html
Writing as Basil Rosa, the short story Why The Good Are Needed appeared in the winter, 2017 issue of Italian Americana: http://
italianamericana.ysu.edu/ wordpress/index.php/2017/03/ 20/volume-xv-no-1-winter-2017/
Read the story “Replica Or Not” in the journal Write.Teach:: https://heymrswinkler.com/2017/09/01/first-edition-of-teach-write-now-available
- Read John’s short story, Water Towers, in LitroNY, http://www.litrony.
- Read John’s short story Wanderer Overlooking The Sea Of Fog on The Literary Yard web site at http://literaryyard.com/2013/05/04/story-wanderer-overlooking-the-sea-of-fog/
- Read John’s story Lady Mist in Fat City Review at: http://fatcityreview.com/lady-mist-john-michael-flynn/
- Read John’s short story, The Flora Sandwich in the online journal Rock Bottom: http://rockbottomjournal.com/issues/issue-one/the-flora-sandwich/
- This is an article about John’s work as an English Language Fellow in Russia: http://peacecorpsworldwide.
- John’s essay, Ideal Village, appeared in Issue #5 of Limehawk: http://www.limehawk.
- Read John’s essay Hai La Masa, in Issue #6 of Proximity magazine, http://
- Read John’s story, Forge A Tomorrow, in the August 2014 issue of Paper Tape: http://papertapemag.com/2014/08/21/forge-a-tomorrow/#more-455
- John’s essay, Apron And Shawl And Housedress appeared in Issue 13 of Superstition Review: http://superstitionreview.asu.
- John’s story, All We Have, is in the January 2014 issue of Blue Lake Review: http://bluelakereview.weebly.com/all-we-have.html
- Read John’s story Jolene Jolene in the Dead Mule School Of Southern Literature at http://www.deadmule.com/fiction/john-michael-flynn/
- Here is the author’s page from Publerati for John’s new short story collection, Dreaming Rodin: http://www.publerati.com/DreamingRodin.html
- John’s short story, Each Bumpy Spiral In Its Cone appeared in the 2012 issue of Vermont Literary Review.
- Read John’s essay “Without Papers: Family, Immigration and Identity” in the Summer, 2012 issue of The Redwood Coast Review at www.stephenkessler.com.
- A Basil Rosa flash fiction piece online at Leodegraunce, Issue #14 titled, “Heath” at http://www.leodegraunce.com/issue-14.html and an interview at the Leodegraunce blog at http://www.leodegraunce.com/2/post/2012/05/the-leodegraunce-interview-with-basil-rosa.html
- As Basil Rosa, the flash fiction “Average Doughnut Three-Decker Life And Giuseppe” in the 2012 print edition of Ginger Piglet: Two at http://www.gingerpiglet.magcloud.com/
- As Basil Rosa, the story “Kozart’s Albino Elephants” in Conjectural Figments, Issue #2
- Writing as Basil Rosa. Read “Rowing The Beach To Shore” in the March, 2012 issue of Blue Lake Review http://bluelakereview.weebly.com/rowing-the-beach-to-shore.html
- Read John’s new story “The Basking Shark” in Issue #5 of Prime Number Magazine
- Go to Word Riot for flash fiction, To Cordoba, Then, Ceramic Spur
- Eden Waters Press Anthology which includes John’s story “The Four Cent Tip” in its most recent Journey anthology
- The Redwood Coast Review, where John’s essay “Radio Days And Me And My Dad” appeared in the autumn of 2005. To learn more about RCR, go to www.stephenkessler.com
- Water-Stone Review at Hamiline University where John’s story “Granny Was A Plutonian Spy” appeared in 2004, Volume 7
- Fifth Wednesday Journal where John’s story “The Size Of Need” appeared in the Fall, 2007 issue and was nominated for a Pushcart Prize
- Quiddity Journal, where John’s story “The Four-Cent Tip” appeared in issue Volume 1.1. Click on the link to for the story, or to hear John reading it.
- Paterson Literary Review where John’s story “Thus Sang The Uncouth Swain” appeared in issue #34, and his story “I Want You To Come Home” appeared in issue #38
- V.I.A. Voices In Italian Americana where John’s story “Fi, Fica, Ficus, The Fig Tree” appeared in spring, 2004
- The MacGuffin where John’s story “Heavy Up The Lines” appeared in the fall, 2009 issue
- John’s flash fiction piece, He Held On And She Kept Saying Time To Go is at Microstory A Week, and will be featured from October 5th to the 11th, and archived at http://microstoryaweek.blogspot.com
- Verbsap where two of John’s stories appeared, “Desire Equals Rain” and “Cajolery”
- Green Hills Literary Lantern where John’s story “Blow Out All The Candles” appeared in issue Volume 19, 2008
- Plum Biscuit: the former literary journal of the New York Writer’s Coalition, where John’s story “Harmony Loves A Violin” appeared in Issue 3.
- The Istanbul Literary Review where John’s story “Boss Visa” appeared in Issue #12, August 2008.